Every Poster Counts
Winners have been chosen in the seventh annual Every Drop
Counts poster contest conducted by the town of Boone.
The contest was in conjunction with the observance of National Drinking Water Week.
The contest was for the second graders at Hardin Park and Two Rivers elementary schools.
“ This year, we had 100-percent participation from all classes, and each class will get a field trip to the water treatment plant, as well as a pizza party picnic to celebrate their hard work,” program coordinator Lane Weiss said.
Winners this Year
• First place: Lily Brown, a student in Betty Krause’s class at Hardin Park, won a new bike and received $75 in cash.
• Second place: Makayla Barnes, a student in Lisa Shaw’s class at Hardin Park, won a $40 gift card and received $50 in cash.
• Third place: Katimac Greene, a student in Lisa’s Shaw class at Hardin Park, won a $20 gift card, as well as $25 in cash.
• Honorable Mention: Kazia Orkiszewski, a student in Halle Pilkington’s class at Two Rivers, won a water conservation kit.
• Honorable Mention: Grace Presnell, a student in Betsy Krause’s class at Hardin Park, won a water conservation kit.
Participating students were given three different themes to base their poster on this year: “Water Use it Wisely,” “Every Drop Counts” and “Water Works Wonders.”