Boone, NC Weather
55.0°
Partly Cloudy
7-Day Forecast

Dancing with the (Local) Stars



Article Published: Jan. 28, 2010 | Modified: Sep. 7, 2011
Dancing with the (Local) Stars

The High Country Dance Crew will compete in a competition during the Hearts of Hospitality Ball on Saturday, Feb. 6, from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. at the Broyhill Inn and Conference Center in Boone.

Photo submitted



A dance contest and ball may help kick up the heels for homeless-shelter funding in the High Country.

The annual Hearts of Hospitality Ball launches again on Saturday, Feb. 6, from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. at the Helen Powers Grand Hall at the Broyhill Inn and Conference Center in Boone.
All proceeds benefit Hospitality House and its combined campaign to build and operate a new shelter. The agency has reached 88 percent of its funding needs for the project and hopes to raise the remaining 12 percent in 2010. With current economic conditions compounded by extreme weather, the need for a new shelter is more critical than ever, a Hospitality House spokesperson said.

The ball will include diner, music by the Todd Wright Band, a silent auction and a dance contest.
Dancers include Cay and Andy Harkins, Edie and Fred Milano, Robin Lane and Andy Glass and the High Country Dance Crew with Haley Walton and Bianca Capo.

Attendees can vote for their favorite dancers at $1 per vote, with each dollar equaling one vote.
Gwen Dhing will reprise her role as Tina Turner as mistress of ceremonies, along with backup singers Kim Kincaid, Jenny Miller and Debbie Glover.

Tickets are $75 each and may be purchased by calling Rose Bridgeman at (828) 264-2733 or at High Country Bank at New Market Centre or Shadowline Drive.
The event is semi-formal (black-tie optional).

Hearts of Hospitality is a volunteer women's auxiliary club whose purpose is to raise awareness and funds for Hospitality House. The group holds the ball annually as one of the agency's major fundraising events.

Founded in 1984, Hospitality House is a nonprofit crisis intervention agency that provides shelter and services to the homeless, operates the community soup kitchen and administers WeCAN, the local crisis assistance program. Hospitality House is a High Country United Way agency.

Facebook Fans
Home » Community Events » Dancing with the (Local) Stars
Local Business Marketplace

Find more businesses on HighCountryMarketplace.com

Attorneys · Automotive · Health Care
Home & Garden · Hotels & Lodging Restaurants
Retail · Recreation · Real Estate & Rentals · Services

Banner Elk My Hometown
Boone My Hometown
ASU Sports