App Summer announces lineup highlights
It’s a festival 30 years in the making.
An Appalachian Summer Festival returns for its 30th anniversary, bringing with it a month’s worth of entertainment.
A performing arts celebration presented by Appalachian State University, this year’s festival features a bevy of performers that span the arts, including Sheryl Crow (July 25), Nickel Creek (July 15), Little Big Town (June 28) and many others.
Megan Stage, marketing and public relations manager with Appalachian’s Office of Arts and Cultural Programs, noted that the lineup is subject to change, with more artists to come and some times and dates yet to be announced. As of April 8, the lineup includes:
- Outdoor Fireworks Concert with Little Big Town – June 28
- Pilobolus – July 3
- Eastern Festival Orchestra with Sir James Galway, flute – July 6
- Hayes School of Music Faculty Showcase Concert – July 9
- Triad Stage: All's Well That Ends Well – July 10
- Summer Exhibition Celebration – July 11
- Matthew Morrison and the Greensboro Symphony – July 12
- Rosen-Schaffel Competition – July 13
- Nickel Creek – July 14
- Dance Theatre of Harlem – July 19
- Sheryl Crow – July 24
- National Youth Orchestra with Gil, Shaham, violin – July 26
- 28th Rosen Outdoor Sculpture Walk – July 26
- Broyhill Chamber Ensemble – June 29, July 1, 20 & 22
- Global Cinema Film Series (Film titles TBA) – June 30, July 7, 14 & 21
- Lunch and Learn Lecture Series – July 2, 9, 16 & 23
- Kids Classic Film Night (Film title TBA) –- July 25
Tickets for An Appalachian Summer Festival go on sale Monday, April 28, at 9 a.m. and will be available at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts box office, located at 733 Rivers St. in Boone, by phone at (800) 841-2787 or online at http://www.appsummer.org.
For more information, visit http://www.appsummer.org.