3rd Place hosts summer programs
3rd Place in Boone is starting summer with some new programs.
An initiative of the local Presbyterian and Episcopal churches, 3rd Place provides campus ministry to students and classes and programs to the community, with a focus on spirituality, creativity and justice.
Beginning in June, 3rd Place will begin hosting “Saturdays at 3rd Place,” which will take place on the second and fourth Saturday of each month, from 7 to 9 p.m. Each Saturday will feature a different program, with a variety of offerings. The schedule is as follows:
• June 14: Open Mic Night: Bring your poems, music and other talents to entertain the 3rd Place community.
• June 28: In Our Own Voice Presentation: This national program involves two people, who have lived with and are recovered or recovering from mental illness, sharing their stories.
• July 12: Community Conversations: This will be an informal mixer involving conversations, board games and more.
• July 26: Showing of the movie “Happy”: Taking us from the bayous of Louisiana to the deserts of Namibia, from the beaches of Brazil to the villages of Okinawa, “Happy” explores the secrets behind our most valued emotion.
• Aug. 9: Interfaith Discussion/Doubt Night: 3rd Place will bring together people of different faith groups to discuss religion and field questions concerning faith.
• Aug. 23: Young Professionals Night: Are you in your 20s and 30s and working in Boone? Come out to hear a dynamic speaker and get to know other young professionals.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Caroline Bond at (828) 773-6878.